Got to Be NC Burger
In case you missed it, May was National Burger Month. One enthusiastic food blogger named Kita Roberts who runs Girl Carnivore invited 50 bloggers from across the country to come up with their own unique burger to celebrate the occasion.
Jenni Fields, who runs the amazing Pastry Chef Online blog, dedicated her burger to the best of North Carolina. With the help of marketing specialist Jack Nales, Jenni created a Got to Be NC Burger, featuring 10 products straight from North Carolina.
The Burger Month craze was recently picked up by Buzz Feed who ran an article covering all of the burgers in the promotion.
Following is a breakdown of all the ingredients featured in Jenni's Got to Be NC Burger. For a complete recipe, visit her blog.
- House-made bacon from The Butcher’s Market in Raleigh, NC
- Cheerwine, made in Salisbury, NC
- Texas Pete hot sauce, from Winston-Salem, NC
- Gravitas seasoning from Good Rub in Morrisville, NC
- Local onions, sweet red pepper relish, and jalapeno hoop cheese from the NC State Farmer’s Market in Raleigh, NC
- Bone Suckin’ Mustard Sauce from Ford’s Foods in Raleigh, NC
- Jim’s Own Barbecue Sauce from Cary, NC
- Dreamy, Creamy Vinaigrette from The Little Black Dressing Company from Wallburg, NC
- Signature Salt & Pepper Pickles from Miss Jenny’s Pickles in Kernersville, NC
- Moss’ Plain White Fine Ground Cornmeal from Buffaloe Milling Company in Kittrell, NC